Entrepreneurship is the operating system of AHEAD. For both spinoff as well as licensing projects, we create a tailored roadmap toward market launch, with a maximum duration of two years:
A 4-day bootcamp is the critical entry gate into AHEAD. It serves the following purpose.
- Deep assessment of and start test for product, market and team readiness levels
- Matching of entrepreneurs, researchers and corporate partners for selected projects
- Creation of a roadmap with experienced coaches
In case of a successful application, you will enter Phase 1 of AHEAD with a standardized funding of €50,000. Within a maximum of 6 months we want you, the entrepreneurial team, to achieve your initial milestones:
- Provide evidence that you are addressing a deep customer problem, clearly define the IP you need, and build a convincing team
- Sign a term sheet with Fraunhofer that makes the ultimate deal predictable and work out a market entry strategy
On your path toward the term sheet, AHEAD offers networking events, workshops, trainings, coaching, co-working, access to Fraunhofer laboratories, and whatever else is needed to move you forward.
Based on the term sheet, you will be able to apply to Phase 2, and get a flexible amount of funding and ongoing support for a maximum of 24 months. There is one single objective: bringing technology to market.